A single girl, kissing a lot of frogs

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Off Season

Sorry for those of you waiting on baited breath for the next instalment, but I've had a quiet couple of weeks*.

This is mainly due to family commitments, a pre-planned 'girls' weekend away', an all-girls hens night and my new theory about 'the off season'. 

As Brisbane starts to steam up with the blanketing humidity that we can look forward to for the next four months or so, I've slowly realised something that I possibly have been practicing for a few years now, but never fully realised. 

This realisation has sparked my latest theory...  that the summer is the 'off season' for dating.

The reasons for this are threefold.

Firstly, there is just too much fun, social stuff going on right now.  It seems that most of my coming weekends are filled with Christmas parties, weekends at the beach and planned catch ups with friends to celebrate the longer evenings and warmer nights.

Secondly, Christmas and New Years is the most awkward time of the year to be establishing the boundaries of a new relationship.

And thirdly, I love a warm sunny, day, but it is just really challenging to look composed in 35-plus degree heat.  I'm just too hot and sweaty to bother with the full hair and make up routine that is required when making good first impressions on dates. My foundation begins the slow, melting, descent from my face as soon as I step outside my house in the morning and, quite frankly, I just couldn't be arsed to try and stop it.

Therefore, the pro-active search for a life partner subconsciously gets shelved until late Feb or March (i.e. Autumn) when the days start to cool, the social life dries up somewhat and I start thinking about the pending winter months and how nice it would be to have someone to cuddle up with every night.

But fear not, there is still plenty of scope in the 'off season' to have some fun, should the opportunity arise, so stay tunes and see what goes down.


* I decline to either confirm or deny the rumours that there may have been some inappropriate contact with BP since deciding to put a stop to those shenanigans.  However - if there had been any ongoing contact (and I'm not saying that's the case!), then it definitely wouldn't have meant anything and would only have been for the purpose of a little tension relief and light entertainment.



No comments:

Post a Comment